Saturday, January 19, 2013

Alone,Yet Not Alone

I ordered this book for my 11 year old daughter who loves American history and Indian culture.  I read it first and thoroughly enjoyed it.  My daughter enjoyed the book so much, she read it in 2 days and is now reading it again.

Barbara Leininger is torn from her family during an Indian raid and forced to adapt to the Indian culture.  Before she is forced into marriage with an Indian brave, she escapes with 3 other captives.  Together, they must travel 300+ miles on foot to reach freedom.  Living as an Indian was not easy nor was her escape.  Yet through it all, she maintained her faith and her determination to see her younger sister again.

This is an inspiring story for everyone.  I am thankful for Zondervan who provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.


No comments:

Post a Comment