Friday, December 28, 2012

Soul Detox

How do I explain how I liked this book even though it was 'getting up in my business'?

I will admit that I am not perfect, but this book goes even further as it challenged me to address those issues that I may not want to admit but absolutely need to deal with.

I was most challenged by the chapter called Green With Envy.  I really did not think I had an issue with envy, but apparently I do.  "Envy is when you resent God's goodness in other people's lives and ignore God's goodness in your own life." (p. 111).  That hit a nerve, but in a good way.  I needed the tough love.

In this book, Craig Groeschel says the hard stuff we need to hear so that life does not have to be so hard.  Even though he addresses many things that are toxic to the soul, he does not leave us in pain.  He adds encouragement and strategies to help us deal with our issues.

Zondevan provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment