Monday, December 10, 2012

Heaven Changes Everything

This book really is a follow up to Heaven is For Real.  The parents of Colton Burpo expound upon their experiences in writing the book as well as traveling around the country speaking about Colton's trip to heaven.  Their honesty is refreshing especially from a pastor and his family.  I am glad that I am not the only one who gets mad at God.  Todd Burpo talks about railing at God while Colton was in the hospital.  Todd is saddened that Colton was able to see him from heaven; yet God was not offended.  God can handle our anger and sadness and frustration and any other emotion we feel.  He created us and those emotions.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Heaven is For Real so I was looking forward to reading this latest Burpo book.  This devotional reader has 42 chapters with each chapter containing a quote from the first book, a reflection from Todd or Sonja, a Bible verse, and a question for reflection.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Diane . . . hope you enjoy "empty." Wanted to let you know that I'm still doing some editing on it . . . once I got the paperback there were things I noticed. :O Funny how things always look different in print!

    Praying you and yours have a VERY Merry Christmas!!!
    Blessings,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying Empty so far and will probably finish over the weekend. I just got my Kindle so I will be catching up on the rest of your books available at amazon. Thanks for sharing and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's great . . . had to make QUITE a few corrections in grammar and content after seeing it in print. :O So, let me know if you'd like me to send over the updated pdf. ;)

    That is AWESOME you got a Kindle!!! Just let me know if you need help learning how to download the Booksneeze ebooks into your Kindle. It's tricky until you learn how. You'll need a USB cable. Got mine at Radio Shack. ;)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm good with the current pdf. file that I have, but thanks for offering. I am impressed with your insight. I had no idea that the conversation between Jesus and the woman at the well was the longest recorded conversation with Jesus. So cool that it was with a woman.

    I downloaded my first Booksneeze book the other day. My Kindle came with a USB cable so I was able to download the book from my computer after downloading the file first to my computer. I had hoped that I could just download straight to the Kindle. Oh well. Maybe they could create an app for that.

    Have a great weekend!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I love bringing new insights to the forefront of biblical stories. :) I think this encounter is an amazing one. I could have probably dug deeper and deeper into it. (pun intended ;)

    I know, I was hoping it was a direct download too! So glad you figured it out . . . it was confusing to me at first! :O

    You have a blessed weekend too!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete