Sunday, December 16, 2012

Empty

I was thrilled when fellow Booksneeze blogger, Cherie Hill, sent me her latest book to review.  I have enjoyed reading reviews of books she has read, and now I get the chance to review her book.

The book, Empty, summarizes the deep emptiness that all humans feel.  We are empty for a reason.  If life was good and easy, we would have no need for hope, for salvation, for God.  The emptiness leads us to God who is the only one who can truly fill us.  He created us with a thirst that only He can quench.

There is a lie that we have believed, "God will never give you more than you can handle."  This is not Biblical, and the author dispells this myth by telling the truth from God's Word.  Life is hard, and we will have trouble.  That is the truth.

I am impressed with Cherie's insights.  I did not know that the longest recorded conversation of Jesus was between him and the woman at the well.  He talked with this un-named woman and promised that the water he provides ensures that she would never go thristy again.  How refreshing!  I need draw from this well.

1 comment:

  1. Diane, thank you SO much for posting this. I can tell you that I learned A LOT as I studied this account. It is a great blessing to have you review it!

    Praying you and your family have a WONDERFUL Christmas!! So excited you got a Kindle!!! ;)
    Blessings,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete