Friday, December 7, 2012

At Every Turn

Ally Benson has a big heart and unlimited means.  As a matter of fact, she is the daughter of the richest man in town.  When she impulsively commits to a large donation in front of her church, she finds herself in a bind as her dad does not support the ministry.  So Ally tries to raise the funds on her own with the one thing she is good at...car racing.

I enjoyed the pace of the story and the character development.  The story line was never dull or boring. The book was well written and easy to read.  However, I did not like the main character.  Ally is a spoiled rich girl who justifies her actions to get what she wants.  She wants to help raise funds for missionaries, but in order to do that she lies and deceives.  Ally also flirts with 2 men and enjoys their affections even though she is not interested in marrying either of them.  After a while, I had to put the book down, because the main character really annoyed me.

The ending was satisfying even though I did not like the portrayal of the main character.  She really does not understand sacrifice and true giving.  She never really had to work for the money she raised.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment