Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Still Lolo

Even without the propeller incident, Lauren's life story is interesting.  She is a young woman trying to make it on her own in a culture that does not encourage living the truth of God.

I am amazed that less than a year after the accident, Lauren and her family were able to reflect and write about what happened.  Most of the book is back story with the goal of helping the reader understand who Lauren was before the accident.  Even though she is still Lolo, she was honest about her journey and having to overcome severe trauma and pain as well as the loss of her left eye and left hand.

What I most appreciated about this book was the photo essay found in the second half of the book.  I found myself returning to those pictures to see Lauren's face as she talked about having to get a prosthetic eye.  I looked at Lauren doing push-ups with her prosthetic arm and marveling at how she overcame so much just to be able to do that.  Lauren truly is an amazing young woman.


Tyndale House has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment