Friday, November 16, 2012

If We Survive


Will Peterson is ready to head home after a week in Central America.  Along with 4 other people, he worked to rebuild a school in a small village.  While waiting for transportation to arrive, a man is murdered right in front of him, and a revolution breaks out.  Now Will and his friends have to fight to survive and hopefully, get back home.

The story was action packed with many twists and turns.  I appreciate how the story was told from Will's perspective so that the reader felt what he felt.  When Will had to shoot someone to protect his friends, he described the moral dilemma of what he did.  He admits that it was not like shooting up the enemy in a video game.  In real life, it is not fun and is eye-opening.  

My son loved the book as well as the Homelander series.  I am grateful that Andrew Klavan writes books for teen boys that are full of action without too much blood and gore.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.


No comments:

Post a Comment