Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happier At Home

Even though I did not read The Happiness Project, I was still able to enjoy this book and glean a small measure of happiness for myself.

Gretchen Rubin is on a quest to go deeper in her desire for happiness.  It is neither a shallow endeavor nor one she enforces on others even within her own family.  In her understanding to be who she is, she  realizes that the only person she can change is herself (The Sixth Splendid Truth).  Therefore, she embarks on a journey to "Be Gretchen" and discover what brings happiness to her life.

I agree with most of what Gretchen shares.  She is non-threatening in her presentation offering that everyone can start their own happiness project to find what makes them happy.  This book is her way of sharing her personal happiness project.

It is good to know, before you read this book, that Gretchen was lawyer which is evident in her writing.  She is thorough in her analysis, extensive in her research, and verbose in her writing.  All in all, it was an interesting enough book with enough wisdom to encourage me to see the happy in my own life.

I received this book for free from Crown Publishing Group through WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.  It is important to note that this is not a work of Christian non-fiction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment