Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fire of the Raging Dragon

Action, drama, and suspense are all part of this story.  There is political posturing, military maneuvering, and heroic undertaking.  This book reminds me of Tom Clancy novels where fiction mirrors reality in today's volatile world.

The book is about a military maneuver in the South China Sea that has the potential to start World War III.  The twist in the plot is that the president's daughter is a naval officer on one of the ships in the conflict.  The back of the book describes the dilemma faced by the president and the need to make a decision as a stand against evil.  It is reflective of the sacrifice God called Abraham to make and the willingness of a Godly man to obey.

So as I read the story, I was anticipating this moral dilemma.  However, this dilemma did not appear until 300 pages into the story.  Even then, it was only a small part of the story line.  This was more about military maneuvers and the resulting political response than it was about the decision the president had to make.  The book was not as interesting to me as it lack the personal element.  I was disappointed.  Had I been told the book was about a naval battle, I think I might have enjoyed it more.

Zondervan provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment