Saturday, November 10, 2012

Against the Tide

Drama, intrigue, suspense, and romance are just a few of the words that describe this book.  There was just enough suspense to make me want to read more but no so much that it annoyed me if I had to put the book down.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story of historical Christian fiction which is saying a lot after reading over 80 books this year.

The story revolves around Lydia Pallas who grew up first on a boat with her parents and then in an orphanage after her parents died.  She works hard to become self-suffient with a good job, a nice place to live, and  in control of her life.  However, life is never perfectly ordered especially when Alexander Banebridge walks in the door.  He turns Lydia's life upside down, but in doing so helps her right some wrongs in her life and in others.

The salvation messages was weaved into the story line in a subtle way.  Some books are so overt in how the salvation messages is presented, but this book did it in a way that made me want to know more even though I am already a believer.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment