Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Undaunted: Daring To Do What God Calls You To Do

As good as a book this book is, it left me wanting more.  I was so moved by Christine's work in the anti-trafficking organization, A21, that I wanted to read more about what she does and how she does it.

The book opens with her talking with a group of girls rescued from the sex trade.  When one girl asks why she did not come sooner, Christine reflects on what brought her here.  The next 120 pages, Christine gives her back story.  There is so much to her back story, that I forgot where she was going.  In some ways, the back story was too long.  By the time, she circled back to her work with A21, the book was almost over.

Her life is interesting, and her many analogies are based on Biblical truth.  The book is just too long on back story and too short on her current mission.  Even still, her story brings hope to many.

Zondervan provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment