Thursday, October 11, 2012

Greater

Don't read this book if you like your comfortable middle-class life.  If you enjoy the routine of monotony, you may not want to think about how your life could be better.  If you like the same ol' same ol', you will not like the idea of God giving you something new and different.

Steven Furtrick challenges us to dream bigger and start smaller.  Sometimes God does not ask us to do more but to do less but to do it wholeheartedly.  Steven encourages us to trust God and follow Him.  God will provide, but we must be willing to sacrifice as we obey Him.

I enjoyed this book even when it made me uncomfortable.  I am the type of person who thrives in routine.  There is nothing bad about routine; however, if it keeps me from being obedient to God, then I need to be willing to let go.  

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment