Friday, August 10, 2012

Rare Earth

This book was a bit of a disappointment.  I enjoyed the action/drama plot line, and the main character reminds me of Indiana Jones as a smart hero who acts alone but uses allies to do good.

The summary of the book that is found on the back covers tells the reader that rare earth metals found in Kenya are the source of the problems.  However, this is not conveyed in the storyline until page 219.  I like suspense in a book, but the story was given away in just 2 short paragraphs on the back cover.  Even the title gives away what the story does not disclose until more than halfway through the book.  This ruined the suspense.

I also did not like the verbose descriptions the author used.  He went into too much detail throughout the book describing the settings or the mannerisms of a character.  I was getting annoyed as this overwhelming detailed bored me and prevented me from enjoying the story.

Bethany House has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment