Friday, August 3, 2012

Perfect Lies

We all have ideas and thoughts that affect how we live, but sometimes these ideas and thoughts are a detriment.  This book identifies these thoughts as lies and what we can do to overcome them.

The author, Jennifer Crow, experienced severe health issues that could not be cured.  She was so severely unable to endure the pain, she quit all her responsibilities and took a 3 month sabbatical from life.  During that time, she realized that her life was negatively affected by the lies she was believing.  As she faced the lies and reprogrammed her mind, she realized that her health problems were the physical reaction of the lies she was believing.

I identify with many of the lies the author identified.  I have lived the lie that I am worthless and that I must prove myself because my worth depends on what I do.  I still live this lie, but the author has given me hope that I can overcome it.  

Tyndale House has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment