Tuesday, August 14, 2012

inSignificant

This is the most significant book I have read all year.  Since I read an average of 2 books a week, that it significant.

Chris Travis shares his story about teaching for 2 years in the toughest school in the country.  He was a successful pastor who made the decision to teach in the most dangerous school in New York.  It was an challenging experience in which he doubted himself and questioned his abilities.  Through this time, he discovered how the meaning in life is found in being insignificant.

I recently finished student teaching at a not so good school.  It was not nearly as bad as the one described in the book, but the experience affected my desire to teach in public school.  I totally understand Chris's perspective and found a renewed strength to do what God is leading me to do, even if it does not make sense.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment