Monday, July 9, 2012

Tough Guys and Drama Queens

Some times a book comes along at just the right time that speaks truth and wisdom just when you need it most.  This is just that book for me.  I am grateful for the Booksneeze program which sent me a free copy of this book because otherwise, I would not have read this book at this time.

With a 13 year old son and a 10 year old daughter, I could not have read this book at a better time.  They are changing in unexpected ways, and I feel at a loss as a mom.  I wonder what am I suppose to do, or not do.  Mark Gregston offers sound advice and wisdom based on years of experience.  He tells us that teens today are bombarded with more information than ever before.  They are overwhelmed and feel lost.  Parents do not need to add to their burden but come alongside and help them with the burdens they must carry.

I admit that I am more authoritarian in my approach as a parent.  This book has inspired me to back-off and let the teachings of the first decade be applied in the next decade.  Even in the midst of reading, I applied some of the advice from this book and have seen a change not just in my teenage, but also in me.  I guess I am the change I want to see in my family.

Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT review Diane . . . wow, I probably would not have entertained reading this book, but I'll check it out!
    Blessings to you!!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cherie! I think you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete