Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Widow of Saunders Creek

I thought I would be scared reading this book about a house that may be haunted.  I do not like scary books and refuse to watch scare movies.  I do not like to dwell on things that are evil.  Instead, I was encouraged after reading this book.  It was a reminder that by the name above all names, we can have power over the dominion of darkness.

Corrie Saunders is newly widowed and returns to the hometown of her husband to restore and reside in a home inherited from his grandparents.  His cousin, Eli, is the contractor who helps Corrie restore not just the home but her faith.  Of course, there is a love story; however, neither person is looking to fall in love again.  It just happens which makes it all the more sweet.

I enjoyed reading this book more than I anticipated.  The idea that there is evil in this world is nothing new.  However, the author did not focus on the evil but instead focused on how to overcome evil.  It is a reminder for all of us.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like an interesting book. Thanks for your thoughts and the honest review. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m writing to ask if you’re interested in reviewing on your blog and on Amazon the just-released book, The Mormonizing of America: How the Mormon Religion Became a Dominant Force in Politics, Entertainment, and Pop Culture by New York Times bestselling author Stephen Mansfield (Worthy Publishing, 2012. If so, please contact me: Jonathan Petersen jpetersen AT somersaultgroup DOT com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete