Friday, July 20, 2012

The Scent of Rain

How appropriate that I finished reading this book on a nice rainy day.

Daphne is a "nose" which is to say she knows how things smell and how things should smell.  However, after being left at the altar, she loses her sense of smell which means she also may lose her job.  So she must deal with the rejection of her ex-fiance and with the problem of creating new scents without being able to smell them.

Of course, it would not be Chick Lit without romance.  Daphne's new boss, Jesse, is a widow who himself is struggling with his job and with relationships.  Mix it all up, and you have an interesting tale of love, loss, and love again.

I have read all of the books by Kristin Billerbeck, and this is by far my favorite.  Instead of the shallow and selfish heroines found in previous books, Daphne has depths and layers much like the fragrances she creates.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment