Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Guest Book

At first I was bored with this novel.  It took a while to set up the story and introduce all the characters.  There was also too much back story, and I had a hard time keeping up with it.  However, halfway through the book, the story really got interesting, and I started to enjoy reading it.   That is, until the end.  Let see if I can explain why without giving the story away.

Macy is a young woman who is trying to move on with her life but still has a few issues from her past to face.  One includes the father of her 5 year old daughter.  He reappears in her life after leaving her when the baby was born.  Another issue is the death of her father which seemed to send her entire family into a tailspin.  Finally, she wants to meet the artist who drew in a guest book at a rental at the beach, but she is not sure if she can find him.

So Macy does deal with all of these issues including a return to her faith which floundered after her father died.  While at the beach, she searches for her guest book artist and finds 3 handsome and interested me.  All 3 of these men have artistic potential, and she wonders who is the one?  Now without giving away the rest of the story, I will admit that I did not think the one who was the artist was the one the story was leading to.  I thought it would be someone else.  I was wrong, and I felt as if the author was leading to one man and then just changed who it was at the last minute.


In summary, the beginning was boring, the middle was interesting, and the end was unsatisfying, but overall it was still a good beach read.


Zondervan provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment