Thursday, June 7, 2012

Unstuck

I really liked this book because it articulated thoughts I have had but just could not define.  I have felt stuck in my faith and needed this book to help me get unstuck.

Arnie Cole and Michael Ross address the need for American Christians to quit being so nice and perfect.  We all struggle, and we all have faults.  Instead of trying to hide them or dress them up nicely, we need to face them and deal with them.  If we are comfortable, we are not truly living out our faith.  We have not just pitched a tent in our comfort zone but have built giant mcmansions to house our comfortable lifestyle.  This is not to say we need to live in tents, but we need to invest in what is really necessary and what is truly a blessing.

Too often, I read books with the 3 step plan of how to better my life.  This book in not about a formula or about rules or about pulling yourself up by your bootstraps.  Instead it is about relationships and being honest and seeking real change in your life.

Bethany House has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment