Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Truth About: The Lordship of Christ

John MacArthur does not sugarcoat the truth as he makes us all think about what it is that we truly believe.  Sometimes the truth hurts, but the truth will always set you free.

I was challenged when I read this book.  It is not that I disagree with what is said, but I realize how I do not always live the truth I believe.  Being a follower of Christ is more than just holding up your hand or walking an aisle or even having a fish sticker on your car.  It is "not easy, it is not user-friendly or seeker-sensitive; it isn't a rosy, perfect world Jesus gives you whatever you want."  After reading this I realized how often I get lazy in my spiritual walk and try to take the short-cut.

It's not easy, and it's not suppose to be.  I am grateful for John MacArthur's The Truth About series as it is a wake-up call to all of us to live what we believe and to make good on our commitment to Christ.

Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for me review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment