Monday, June 25, 2012

My Stubborn Heart

This book from the genre of chick lit is actually deep as it touches on love, loss, and love again.

I do love a good book.  However, I hate it when the story drags along just to make the book longer.  The first 200 pages was nice as the story developed and character dynamics were described.  Then for the next 100 pages the story plateaued with no progression of the storyline and no character development. The last 50 pages, the storyline picked up the pace and almost sprinted to the finish.

The characters were mostly believable and the romance was nice without being overly sentimental.  The end was predictable, but there were a few surprises along the way.  This would have been a great book if it wasn't for the 100 pages in the middle where the story dragged along too slowly.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment