Thursday, June 14, 2012

Linspired

With the height of the NBA finals going on right now, it is interesting to look back at this unusual professional basketball season which included a lock-out, a shortened season, and the rise of an unknown.  Jeremy Lin gave basketball the inspiration it needed to return to favor in the American, and world, culture.

I have been fascinated with Lin's quick rise to stardom; however, when you read this book, you learn that it was not fast at all.  He has been playing the game and working hard to make it in the NBA for many years.  He has had some setbacks and was overlooked by quite a few.  Even getting a scholarship to play basketball at a Division 1 school was not possible.  Instead, Lin went to Harvard, paid for his education with the help of supportive parents, and was instrumental in making Harvard a powerhouse in Ivy League basketball.

I highly recommend this book to anyone, not just young adults, who are interested in the real life of Jeremy Lin.  It might surprise you as it did me.

Zondervan provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment