Friday, June 1, 2012

The Fiddler

Beverly Lewis is the gold standard in Amish fiction.  She started with The Shunning and continues to raise the bar for other books in this genre.

Amelia Devries is a world-class violinist who is so focused on her music that she has lost her way in life.  When she loses her way, literally, in a bad rainstorm, she finds herself in an Amish village.  There she realizes her need to reclaim the truth she once knew.  She also falls in love both with a young man and with a simpler life.  Amelia then has to decide what she really wants in life and how to go about doing just that.

I enjoyed reading this book and felt the calming effect of the Amish way.  I am not a world renown musician, but I am a woman who, like Amelia, can forget what is truly important in life.  This book is a gentle reminder for me and for all readers.


Bethany House has provided a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment