Tuesday, May 15, 2012

That's Why I'm Here

It is a tragedy to lose a wife and mother at such a young age to breast cancer.  Instead of living in sorrow,  Chris Spielman shares his amazing story about faith in the face of adversity.

At the beginning of the book, Chris tells the reader that his story is as much about football as it is about cancer.  He was not joking.  The first half of the book is about his football career and his wholehearted commitment to the sport.  After I while, I wondered when he would start talking about cancer and his wife's battle.  Chris does leave his football career and becomes committed to helping his wife and others battle cancer.  After finishing the book, I realize how both stories are intertwined, and you really cannot understand one without the other.

This story is inspiring.  Even though the hero is Stephanie Spielman, I really think the hero is Chris.  He endured tragedy and allowed it to deepen his faith.  He did not run away from God during trials and struggles.  Chris ran to God, and that should be an example for the rest of us to follow.

Zondervan provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I found your website through booksneeze, I'm also a booksneeze blogger. My husband recently published "His Given Breath" a short eBook of inspirational (slightly modern) poetry. If this is something you might be interested in reviewing e-mail me at lessonsfromivy at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete