Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Necessity of an Enemy

I was blown away by this book.  There were so many ideas that make complete sense but were a new way of thinking that I had to really stop and question what I truly believed.  It was not that what I was thinking was wrong, but that this book opened my eyes.  For example, I read that conflict is the gap between expectations and reality.  So true yet so different from how I had thought.  I saw conflict as right versus wrong.  Now I realize conflict occurs when reality does not meet expectations.

Another thing I learned is that testing is not God teaching us, but instead is God allowing us to use what we learned.  Think about it, a teacher does not teach during a test but sits back while the students show what they have learned.  In life, a time of testing is not a time of teaching but a time of applying what was learned.

I could go on about what I learned, but I would rather recommend this book to everyone so that they can learn and grow.  I will admit that I was challenged as some ideas were so new that I had to really consider if what I believed was based on tradition or on truth.  Even though it was challenging, I love it when my traditions are challenged so that I can learn the truth.  

I wish I had read this book when I first became a believer so that I would be more aware of the truth.  This truth is that believers are enemies of Satan and that he is at war with God's children.  We Christians have a target on our back and should not be surprised when attacks come.  We should be prepared which is what this book is about.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review. 



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great book every Christian should have. Thanks for your review. :O)

    ReplyDelete