Friday, May 25, 2012

MOMumental

I am so glad this book was entitled MOMumental and not Mom-u-MENTAL!  Often that is really how I feel, but this book reminds us moms that we are not losing our minds but are doing our best to raise our children.

As I read this book, I felt all the feelings of a mom such as guilt, joy, frustration, passion, and deep love.  Often, I can run through these emotions all within an hour when I am trying to take care of my 2 little ones.  I am relieved to know that I am not alone in my many diverse feelings of being a mother.

My favorite line from this book is "use common sense when you consider duplicating something you read about in a parenting book.  Seriously."  Now stop and think about that for a minute.  This is a parenting book, and the author is telling the reader to use common sense when duplicaiton her advice.

My other favorite line is one I hope I remember when my kids are not obeying like I want.  "Perfect submission from my kids isn't my goal as a mother."  That still makes me stop and consider what I am doing as a parent and what I truly want from my children as I raise them.

I received this book from Net Gallery for free in exchange for my review which I freely give.





No comments:

Post a Comment