Friday, May 11, 2012

The Beauty Book

This companion book to Here's Lily is a great book for young girls who need to see themselves as fearfully and wonderfully made.

Often discussions about hygiene and taking care of our bodies can be difficult and often embarrassing for moms and daughters.  This book will helps daughters to learn about their body image and encourage them to honor their parents in doing so.  This book is not about getting your period or developing breasts so it is  innocent enough for 8-10 year olds.  
I do like how having a good relationship with parents is repeated throughout the book.  I also like the idea of being you-nique and having God-confidence.  This book does have a great message for young girls that runs counter culture to what the media portrays as beautiful.  

I highly recommend this book to both young girls and their mothers.  I also recommend buying this book in print form so that the reader can journal within the book which the book encourages.

Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of the book in exchange for my review which I freely give.






No comments:

Post a Comment