Thursday, April 5, 2012

Swipe

I did not enjoy this book as much as The Highlander's Series or The Hunger Games Trilogy; however, it was a decent enough story once I got into it. Since the setting was so different than our current culture, the first third of the book was purely to set up the setting and back story. I was slightly annoyed at how long it took to just get into the story, but I realized if this was the first in a series, then the long introduction was inevitable.

The story is about Logan who will be taking The Mark when he turns 13 in just a few months. His sister died when she went to get The Mark so he is not looking forward to this life-changing event. He also thinks he is being watched. He has become paranoid, for good reason as he discovers the reality of being followed.

I had a hard time with the story. There was so much build up that I lost interest. I was also expecting an explanation about The Mark with a reference to the mark in Revelation. It was only explained as that is what everyone did after the war to establish peace and unity. I thought this would be more like the Left Behind series, but it was not.

As much as I did not like the book, it was a solid story with action, character development (after the first 50 pages), and suspense. I just thought it could have been better.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment