Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Not This Time

Small town of Seagrove Village clashes with a big time terrorist group. The locals are fierce and want to protect their small town, but some of them are on the wrong side of the law. Who do you trust and what happens when someone betrays your trust? This is just the beginning of Not This Time.

Since I had not read the previous Crossroads books (Forget Me Not and Deadly Ties), I had a lot of catching up to do. The first 100 pages was fast paced as I tried to keep up with all the characters and the drama as it unfolded. It was not enjoyable to me as I struggled to understand the storyline while trying to understand the many characters and how they were related to the other characters especially when some of the characters had code names as part of the terrorist group. It was just too much for me. I think I would have enjoyed this book had I read the 2 previous books, but there was nothing on this cover of this book to tell me that this was part of a series. I thought it was a stand alone book. It could be, as the author did catch the reader up with the characters and their back stories. However, it took so much time and energy to catch-up, that I was worn out by the end of the book.

So the book was decent enough but not an easy read if you have not read the other books in the series. I am disappointed that the cover of the book does not portray that this book as part of a series.

Waterbrook Multnomah provided me a free copy of this book exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment