Thursday, March 1, 2012

Miracle for Jen

I was blessed with the opportunity to read Miracle for Jen. I thought I would be reading an inspirational story about a young girl named Jen Barrick who recovered from a horrible car accident by praising God in her circumstances. The book was what I expected, yet it was so much more.

The part of the story that most touched my heart was how Jen’s mom Linda faced these trials and dealt with these struggles. I appreciated the honest story of how it was not always easy or even manageable. It was often overwhelming and beyond manageable. Linda herself was injured and wheelchair bound for a long time and had to deal with her own pain both physical and emotional. I am inspired by Linda’s journey as much as I am by Jen’s. It was Jen who journaled just 4 days before the accident, “We all want the testimony, but we’d rather skip the test that gives us one.”

Tyndale House provided a free copy of this book in exchange for this review. Click here to view the book trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment