Thursday, March 22, 2012

Downfall

I have yet to read a Terri Blackstock novel that I did not like. Whenever I get my hands on a new book, I know I am in for a treat. In this latest story, there is drama, suspense, struggle, and triumph.

Emily Covington is a recovering drug addict trying to have a normal life. She knows that addiction recovery is not a walk in the park; however, she is challenged in ways she never anticipated. Her whole family is challenged in ways they never anticipated. All of them are forced into situations where they have to choose between right and wrong, yet sometimes it is not obvious what is right and what is wrong. From start to finish, the characters must react to situations and make tough decisions. At times, I thought, "No, don't do it!" but the characters made their decisions and had to face the consequences. Somehow, it all works out in the end, but you still need to read the book to find out how it happens.

Downfall is the third book in a 3 book series about the Covington family with Intervention and Viscous Cycle being the first 2 books in the series. Of the 3 books in the series, this was my least favorite, but I am glad I read it as it ends the series. The book was fast-paced and an easy read.

Zondervan has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment