Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Stand By Me


This book was a delightful treat like drinking a grande white chocolate mocha on a cold winter day. I am so glad that Thomas Nelson provided me a copy of this book to read. I thoroughly enjoyed this book as I have enjoyed reading all the Yada Yada books over the last few years.

Avis, the main character of this story, has always been poised, polished, and a little too perfect. She has been a part of the Yada Yada Prayer Group since the very beginning. To be honest, I was always intimidated by her character because she always seems to be so put together. This story reveals that no one, no matter how they look on the outside, has it all put together.

The character of Kat was new to this series. She is a young college student with fresh ideas and a deep conviction of rightness. She lacks compassion and needs to tone down her opinions. I had a hard time liking her, but maybe that is because I can relate to her.

What I loved about this book is the realism. The characters struggle with things that I struggle with. They seek God's guidance and the advice of close friends. They are trying to live out their faith in their day-to-day lives. I can totally relate.

Even though this is the first book in the SouledOut Sisters series, it is a continuation of the Yada Yada Prayer Group and Yada Yada House of Hope series. I would admit that reading the other books before reading this book is a good idea. Many characters from previous books make an appearance in this latest book and a few characters have major roles in the plotline.

Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

2 comments:

  1. I've got a copy of this coming in the mail soon. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete