Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day of War

This is an action-packed book. War is not pretty, and Cliff Graham was not hesitant to fully depict war in all its gore and ugliness; however, there are some redeeming truths in war such as fighting with honor for the Lord that Graham did not leave out.

The story opens with Benaiah on a solo mission to help a small village with a suspected lion attack. He defeats the lion only to find out that is was not the lion who killed the little boy but another evil entity that requires even more battle and pain. The book continues with the many battles of David's army as they try to rid the land of evil.

I did like the fictionalization of David and his mighty men. The author stayed close to the Bible story and did enough research to ensure the storyline reflected truth. I look forward to reading the rest of the books in the Lion of War series.

My only other comment is to say that there is an abundance of gore depicted in the story. I say this to warn readers so that they are aware that they will be exposed to death and destruction in incredible detail. I do not find this to be a negative part of the book, but it is a realistic depiction of war during this time period.


Zondervan has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment