Friday, January 27, 2012

Through the Year with Jimmy Carter

I am not one to read devotions, but as far as devotionals go, this one was well done. Jimmy Carter has both wisdom and experience, not just because he was our 39th president but because of his almost 87 years of life here on this earth. He shares the simple truth of God's Word in a simple form in this book.

What I first noticed was that the pages were not dated like a traditional devotional where it is to be read in one year from January 1st through December 31st. Instead, the pages are number 1-366. The date at the top of the page is the date when President Carter taught that lesson to his Sunday school class which included lessons he taught while president. He has taught Sunday school for 30+ years so he has a wealth of lessons to share. The one thing that could have made this better would be to sit in one of his classes and actually hear him teach the lesson.

I highly recommend this book as one of the better devotionals available today.


Zondervan has given me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment