Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sweeter Than Birdsong


This is a long book but a good story. I found myself reading longer than I planned because I was so engrossed in the story. It is a well written book even if there are parts of it that I did not make sense to the storyline.



The story takes place in Ohio, pre-Civil War. Kate Winter is a smart young women attending college and trying to overcome her fears. As the story goes on, the reader begins to understand her fears and hopes that she overcomes them. How she does is part of the story, so you will just have to read the book.

What I do not understand about Kate is her willingness to go on a dangerous mission while she struggles with her fearfulness in talking to people. She makes the decision to go on the mission quickly and seemingly without thought. The author goes into great detail how Kate experiences stage fright and how it may prevent her from graduating college. However, there is very little explanation as to why she agrees to go on this mission.

Even still, the book is a good read.


Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Diane! I appreciate your thoughtful review and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I also really appreciate it that you didn't give away the plot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading my blog! I did enjoy the book and look forward to more in this series.

    ReplyDelete