Monday, December 12, 2011

Smitten



Growing up in New England, I can envision a town like Smitten, Vermont, with its small town charm and outdoor adventures. I can also relate the struggles and dilemmas of the heroines, Natalie, Julia, Shelby, and Reese.

It was neat how the book was written in 4 parts by 4 different authors. Each author wrote about one of the heroines and their corresponding love story where each one finds true love in this small town of Smitten. Thsse stories are intertwined throughout the book and are written in chronological order.

I was not impressed with the repeatative story pattern. Every story followed the same pattern where a woman falls in love with a man who was already a friend and then they realize that they are in love. The redundancy prevented me from being truly smitten with this book. Otherwise, it was a light and easy read.


Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment