Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bittersweet Surreneder

This book was an easy and enjoyable read; however, I was tempted to indulge in some good chocolate while reading the first few chapters. Like the protagonist, I could stand to lose a few pounds but would have a hard time giving up chocolate to do it.

The story was simple and the cast of characters likable. All the characters were flawed and were forced to deal with their issues at some point in the story. The biggest issue was being honest with each other. After a while, it felt like an episdoe of Three's Company, where one person knew something about the other person but would not tell the other person only to complicate matters. Toward the end of the book, I was frustrated waiting for the characters to start revealing these truths. They finally did, but it seemed like the author wrote an extra 50 pages to draw out the story needlessly.



I did like the nod to Smitten, Vermont, the town and title of a recent book Diann Hunt co-wrote with Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, and Denise Hunter. Spring Creek, the setting for this book, is then next town over from Smitten.

Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of this ebook in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment