Friday, November 18, 2011

This Little Prayer of Mine

It is always a delight to review a children's book. I miss the days when I would curl up with my kids before putting them to bed so we can read a good book together. This is one of those good books that I would have read with my young children.

The book is a child's prayer written in rhyme. Each 2 page spread is a 4 line poem that rhymes on the second and fourth line. The young child thanks God for many things and asks God for help in doing the right thing. The book is written so that the main character is never defined as a boy or a girl. Each 2 page spread includes a young boy and girl doing the things that are said in the prayer. So it could be either child saying the prayer.

This is the kind of book that you will read over and over again.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment