Saturday, November 19, 2011

Shadow in Serenity

I have been a fan of Terri Blackstock for years and have never been disappointed. This most recent book of hers is a reprint from a previous book. She updated the story and incorporated the story of redemption. I appreciate how the redemption story is weaved into the book without being forced or preachy.

Carny, the protagonist, is a new person after leaving the carnival life, becoming a Christian, and settling in the town of Serenity, Texas. When Logan Brisco comes to town, she see him for the con he is. As much as she tries to discredit him, he sees the truth of what he is doing. In the midst of this, they are falling in love.

The story had many unexpected twists and turns, yet it was an easy read that kept me interested from cover to cover. Terri Blackstock really does have the gift of storytelling, and I appreciate that she has used her gift to honor God.


Zondervan has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment