Monday, November 28, 2011

Love and War

If there was one book this year that I would recommend to all my friends and family to read, it would be this book. Even those who are not married would benefit from reading Love and War as it is about relationships.

No one told me about the risk I was taking when I choose to get married. It is a risky endeavor. The odds of staying together are against us. There will be attacks on our marriage. In some ways, I wish someone had told me this when I first got married. Maybe someone tried, but I was just too doe-eyed to really comprehend what I was doing. Now I look like a deer in the headlights when I think about marriage. I am grateful for John and Stasi Eldredge who seek to tell the truth, the brutal and honest truth about marriage, and it is not all candy and roses.

Here is just a few pieces of wisdom from Love and War:
The Bible begins and ends with a wedding.
Marriage is hard.
Once you get married, you both need friends.
God uses marriage to transform us.
You can't look for God's favor in your work while your marriage is a travesty.

Like I said, you have to read this book. It will open your eyes to why marriage is so hard and why being in a relationship requires more our of you than you even thought you had to give.


I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment