Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Scroll

This is not my first book in the Biblical archeology genre. I enjoy the action and intrigue but not so much the violence and murder. I was thinking that this book was much like an Indiana Jones movie. I guess the author felt the same way as one of the main characters states, "This sounds like the premise to a bad Indiana Jones movie" (page 35). The statement is true, but it is still a good book to read.

The story is about David Chambers, an American archaeologist, who is called back to Israel for his most amazing discovery yet. Along the way, his faith is challenged; he reconnects with an arch rival as well as his ex-finance; and he changes the course of history. All in a days work for this man.

The book is well written. Although it is fiction, the premise is believable. I did not want to put the book down at the end of the chapter as the suspense kept my interest. It was a page-turner.


I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment