Sunday, October 9, 2011

Raised Right

I am not sure if Alisa Harris is making fun of her right-winged upbringing, or if she is happy with her childhood experiences. She pokes fun at a lot of Christian-ease, but sometimes instead of laughing, I felt like I was being chastised. About halfway through the book, I was downright offended, but I pressed on. It did get better.

Alisa is honest about her path and the many steps she has taken to get to where she is now. She admits her faults and her mistakes as she has learned from them. I realized she was poking fun at herself as she comes to terms with who she is and who she wants to be. She had to decide for herself if the belief system she was taught is the belief system she wants to live. In the end, she learned to love, to care, and to take heart.

I am impressed with such an educated young lady who is so involved in the political process. Even my generation is slow to vote but quick to complain. There is hope for the future generation if there are people like Alisa Harris trying to care, love, and take heart.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment