Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Accused

Although this book does not come out until January 2012, I was able to read an advanced copy from Tyndale House to review.

Like an episode of CSI, NCIS, or Law and Order, this book is fast-paced and action-packed. Carly Edwards is a beat cop who finds herself in hot water. As she tries to get herself out of trouble, she discovers the real problem is greed and deception within the department. In a parallel story, Carly is also discovering a new faith in God after turning her back on Him after her father died.

I could relate to the heroin of the story as she struggles with having a faith in God after tragedy. As a cop, she is trained to do what is right and enforce the law. Yet as a person, she is not sure what is right anymore. After a life and death experience, she realizes that God is real and she does want a relationship with Him.

What I liked about the book was that the action and drama that kept my attention. What I did not like about the book was that it took a life and death experience for the main character to choose to believe in God.

Tyndale House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment