Monday, September 19, 2011

A River to Cross

I have never read a book from the "Texas Adventure and Romance" genre, and I rarely read historical fiction. However, I read this book and enjoyed it very much.

Elizabeth Evans travels to El Paso/Fort Bliss to help her widowed brother but quickly finds herself in the middle of an international event. Ranger Jake Nelson comes to her aid and quickly they fall in love. The problem is that both Elizabeth and Jake have loved and lost before and do not want to love and lose again.

I did enjoy reading this book. There was enough action and drama to keep it from being too sappy with the romance. Sometimes the action was too much as I wondered how many more incidents could Elizabeth and Jake find themselves. Kidnapping, border crossing, and near drownings were just a few of this action packed incidents. There seemed to be no end to the adrenaline rush for the characters or even time to grieve from tragic events.

Bethany House has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment