Friday, September 9, 2011

Pattern of Wounds

Much like an episode of CSI, this book follows the murder investigation of homicide detective Roland March. There are a lot of clues throughout the storyline leading March to the suspect but only after more victims pile up including an attempt on someone close to him.

I had a hard time following the story. First of all, I did not read Back on Murder, the first book in the Roland March series. Secondly, there are many rabbit trails throughout the book that did not lead to the suspect. I know that makes the story realistic, but it frustrated me as a reader. I also got frustrated with odd details in the story like the fact that March wears hand-me-down clothes from his deceased father-in-law. Another odd detail is that his wife is very understanding of his late hours and nights away. For all the details given to the character development of March, his wife seems bland and one dimensional.

I was not a fan of this book, but I know that many mystery/suspense readers will enjoy it. I like to read books to give my mind a break. This book made me work hard to follow the story. If you like Law and Order, CSI, Criminal Minds, and Bones, then you will like this book

Bethany House has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment