Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hermie, A Common Caterpillar



I love Hermie! I just wish my children were younger so I could enjoy him even more. In books and in DVDs, Hermie reminds children that they are God's special creation. Max Lucado's books for young children are as delightful and inspiring as his books for adults.

Hermie and his friend Wormie are just ordinary caterpillars who discover that with God, they are not so ordinary. God tells them, "Don't worry. I love you both just the way you are, but I'm not finished with you yet." God will make the ordinary extraordinary. This is a great truth for God's children young and old.

This book is a republished book from 2002; however, in republishing the story, this book is now an easy reader so children can read this book on their own. I can see children reading and rereading this book developing their literacy skills.

Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment