Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Crossing

A 10 year old murder that was never solved. A woman who died before she could confess the truth of her affair. Her best friend who mourned the loss without knowing the whole truth. A man who could have been an NFL quarterback but endured a career ending injury. Their stories collide, and the truth comes out.

Disjointed. That is the word that came to mind when I finished reading this book today. The story was interesting, and I did not want to put the book down. I was surprised by the ending when I found out who done it. However, it was not a pleasant surprise. Instead, I was confused at to why this person did it. It was character thrown into the story in the last 50 pages. This character was related to other characters throughout the book but not introduced until toward the end. The story did not develop this character enough to truly understand the motivation behind the act of murder.

As far as the rest of the character development, I was dissatisfied how some characters resolved their issues and were a better person by the end of the story while others never resolved their issues. These characters were just as bad, if not worse, by the end of the book.

I understood that this book was based on a murder investigation, so I anticipated some gory details. What I did not anticipate was the amount of sexual passion including many sinful relationships throughout the story. I am no prude, but there was more description of the sexual attraction than of the true repentance of a sinful relationship.


I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

4 comments:

  1. please tell me how to request book on tyndale media center. and also, other websites that provide free book in exchange of honest review.
    Thnks! nice blog!

    huffngtonpost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the website for Tyndale: http://mediacenter.tyndale.com/X_TBN/X_Secure/login.asp?redirectURL=/X_TBN/1_Home/dashboard.asp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe it... they dont allow bloggers outside from US to have printed copy of the book.
    Any alternative to tyndale, out there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try Waterbrook at http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/bloggingforbooks/.

    ReplyDelete