Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stained Glass Hearts

The premise to this book is that the broken pieces of our lives are not mistakes. They are part of the stained glass mosaic that becomes beautiful in the light of God's love. It is not like Patty Clairmont's other books with lots of humor and funny stories. This one is more serious and thought provoking.

Sometimes, I felt like thoughts were volleying back and forth like a tennis match. It was hard to keep up after a while. I had to put the book down and come back later to read more.

There were some great lines that I highlighted in my book such as "I still wrestle with my tendency to think that what I do qualifies me before God instead of what he's done and completed" (p. 17) and "I want people to like me, and when they don't, I feel defensive and insecure" (p. 61). Patsy Clairmont is open and honest, and made me think about my own tendencies and insecurities.

The chapter on poetry was not my favorite, but the chapter on books was great. It make my book-loving heart go pitter patter.

Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for me review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment