Monday, August 8, 2011

Jefferson Burke and the Secret of the Lost Scroll

Even though the premise to this book is not new (think: Indiana Jones, American Treasure, and DaVinci Code), I did enjoy reading this drama/suspense work of fiction with a little romance to keep it interesting without being annoying.

I want to highlight that this is a work of fiction which means many of the elements are not real including the basis for this Book of Joseph scroll. The other element that is pure fiction is a female Ranger. After my years of service in the U.S. Army and my husband's continued years in service, I know no woman has ever served or trained as an Army Ranger. So to have a female character with a Ranger background is pure fiction.

That being said, the story line is interesting. The action kept the story moving. There were many twists and turns, and even I could not predict how it would end. It makes for a fun read as long as you read it knowing it is work of fiction.

Zondervan has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment